The COVID-19 pandemic has radically changed our everyday life — and that includes the ability to visit your doctor for non-emergency ailments or questions. However, at Essential Medical Clinic, Sultan Shah, MD, Pouya Bahrami, DO, and their expert team offers first-class medical care via telemedicine.
With locations in Westlake, Downtown, and the Athens neighborhood of Los Angeles, the Essential Medical Clinic team has offered virtual visits for years. Even before the current pandemic, our patients have enjoyed this convenient access to quality medicine remotely. Learn the many benefits of this advanced approach to your care.
What is telemedicine?
Telemedicine — or telehealth — allows you to meet virtually with your physician at Essential Medical Clinic. With our 100% HIPAA-compliant system you and your doctor can talk face-to-face via phone, computer, or tablet from the comfort of home, your car, or on your lunch break at work. Telemedicine is not only essential during these days of mandated social distancing. It’s also convenient when you need medical treatment but can’t squeeze in a face-to-face visit.
Telemedicine enables you to also:
- Submit your medication list, allergies, ID cards, and medical history in advance
- Chat or share photos describing your symptoms
- Have prescriptions electronically sent to your pharmacy
This virtual approach to medical care was initially devised to help expand medical care to patients living in remote areas, with limited access to physicians. Today, 76% of hospitals use telemedicine.
The benefits of telemedicine
Whether your doctor is located within close proximity or you live in a rural area, you know that in-person medical visits often entail lengthy wait times. There’s also the hassle of traveling to the office. Telehealth technology eliminates that, a significant advantage, especially when you’re not feeling well.
A virtual visit offers other advantages too:
- Have fewer disruptions with any child or eldercare responsibilities
- Eliminate the time or travel expenses associated with your office visit
- Receive quality health care faster
- Reduce your risk of exposure to contagious illnesses, like the common cold, flu, and COVID-19
We offer telemedicine to patients over the age of 18.
- Request an appointment through our Telehealth portal
- Fill out the registration forms included in our calendar invite
- Follow the link in your calendar invite to open your video-chat to start your appointment
Learn about our memberships
Our practice offers individual and corporate memberships that include in-office, as well as, telemedicine visits. We also have a separate telemembership that gives patients access to telemedicine and texting alone for $29/month. This membership increases your access to care without additional Fee-for-Service charges.
To put-off your medical care
Don’t put-off addressing your medical concerns because you are unable to make a face-to-face visit. To schedule a telehealth appointment with your physician at Essential Medical Clinic, just call us or request an appointment online today.
Keep learning about your health: